Monday, January 30, 2017

Editing takes so long!

Progress report on Book 2...

The first pass at editing RELUCTANT TO BITE is done. Thanks Mom! The wife has finished editing a few chapters into her first pass of what's now revision 3. At least it's not a dozen-plus, like REBORN TO BITE! It's registered at the Copyright office. Next step is getting a beta reader from my writer's group, and submitting to Kirkus and RT for reviews. Once I do those submissions, I'll have a 60-day clock or so for the release date.

Progress report on Book 3...

At this point, Book 3 (Formerly titled "Forced to Bite", but now I'm going with FORCED FROM THE SHADOWS) is in a state of disarray. It's about 100k words based on Rev 1 of Book 1. But as I mentioned in the previous paragraph, I did a dozen revisions to book 1. Along the way, things changed. RELUCTANT grew out of those changed plot elements, which of course causes things to change again. Also, I was playing with POV (Point of View) changes in Book 3. My plan is to change everything to Sabine's POV as I go through and rewrite to get rid of all the stuff that changed. And I need to trim out about 20k words, so there's that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment